- Will using Salary Sacrifice affect my future salary and company benefits?
Your future salary and Barhale benefits will not be affected.
Barhale will confirm your Reference Salary, the amount you have agreed to exchange for a pension contribution, and your new revised salary in your payslip. The Reference Salary is your original salary before the exchange and will continue to be the basis for calculating future pay reviews and benefits.
- Can I make changes to my pension contributions?
- You can increase or decrease your pension contributions at any point during the year. If you wish to amend your contributions, please contact the Helpdesk on 0117 314 1776 or email email@example.com. The Helpdesk will then open the system for you to make your selection.
- Can I choose to opt out of Salary Sacrifice?
If you wish, you can choose to opt out of Salary Sacrifice and have your pension contributions deducted from your net pay. If you opt out you won't benefit from National Insurance savings and you will need to reclaim any higher or additional rate tax relief from HM Revenue and Customs separately.
You can opt out of Salary Sacrifice in each Annual Enrolment window. To opt out, simply log in to your account and select the 'edit' button next to 'pension' on the company benefits page. Then choose the 'net deduction' option from the drop-down menu.
Please note the above company-specific information is provided by Barhale and is based on their understanding of UK law and HMRC practice as at date of publication.
- What are flexible benefits?
Flexible benefits give you the opportunity to select additional benefits that are appropriate to the needs of you and your family. You can select a wide range of benefits that mean the most to you.
You pay for the additional benefits by taking a reduction in your salary (known as Salary Sacrifice) and in return, Barhale will provide you with the benefits you've selected.
By selecting benefits through a reduction in your salary you could take advantage of income tax and/or National Insurance savings, as well as any group discounts achieved by Barhale that wouldn't normally be available outside the workplace.
Every Scheme Year (see below) you will be given the opportunity to review your existing selections and make further choices.
- What tools are available?
Using Barhale you'll have access to the following tools:
- Flexible Benefits: A one stop portal for all the information you'll need about each benefit. View and select benefits that mean the most to you and your family.
- Total Reward Statement - Understand the value of your total company package, including salary, bonus and benefits.
- What is the Scheme Year?
- The scheme year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- When can I join my company benefits?
Certain benefits can be joined at any time, these include:
Outside of the Annual Enrolment window, all other benefits can only be selected if you have a Life Event.
A Life Event includes, but is not limited to:
If you wish to select an anytime benefit or believe you've had a Life Event (either listed above or another one that you feel is relevant) and would like to review your benefits, please contact the Helpdesk on 0117 314 1776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Helpdesk will then open the system for you to select the appropriate benefit.
- When can I change my company benefits?
Each Scheme Year you'll be given the opportunity to review your existing selections and make changes. This is known as the Annual Enrolment window and generally takes 3/4 weeks.
You'll need to have submitted any selections / changes before the window closes, otherwise you'll receive the core choice of benefits.
Simply log in to your account to view your core list of benefits (the benefits you currently receive unless specifically removed).